12 May Linux hosting
FAQs: HOW TO CONFIGURE IMAP EMAIL TO OUTLOOK
Here’s how to configure an IMAP email account on Outlook:
- Open Outlook and click on “File” in the top-left corner.
- Click on “Add Account”.
- Select “Manual setup or additional server types” and then click “Next”.
- Select “POP or IMAP” and then click “Next”.
- Enter your email account information:
- Your name: Enter your full name
- Email Address: Enter your full email address
- Account Type: Select “IMAP”
- Incoming mail server: Enter the incoming IMAP server name (can be found from your email provider)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter the outgoing SMTP server name (can be found from your email provider)
- User Name: Enter your full email address
- Password: Enter your email account password
- Click on the “More Settings” button.
- Go to the “Outgoing Server” tab, and check the box “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab, and verify the following settings:
- Incoming server (IMAP): Port 993, SSL/TLS encrypted connection
- Outgoing server (SMTP): Port 465 or 587, SSL/TLS encrypted connection
- Click “OK” and then “Next”.
- Outlook will test the account settings, and if successful, you will see a “Congratulations” message. Click “Finish”.
- Your IMAP email account is now set up in Outlook and you can start sending and receiving emails.
Note: The steps may slightly vary based on the version of Outlook you are using.
Leave A Comment